Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Kate Hollett

I just wanted to drop a line and say: THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for profiles of new role models of successful, admirable wormen like Kate Hollett, and, thank you for a new relationship model, in Anna's Rock. I hope this is a regular column!

I can't tell you how empowering I find it to see such wonderfully moving portraits of new ideals. Thank you because I believe it is much easier to make dreams come true when you can clearly picture and hold the dream in your mind's eye, and your magazine has provided images that I was previously unable to find.

Having reinvented myself 4 years ago as an artist/writer, after a life in Marketing, Management and Customer Service in the Financial Services Industry, I also appreciate the values conveyed in View. And, I appreciate the environmental awareness and holistic tone of other pieces. Thank you for a fine magazine, and for such strong editorial content.

Made in Canada no less! Your efforts are appreciated!

-- Kim Logue, Toronto, ON published Scarlett Magazine, Summer 2003
* *
the article in the very first ever issue of Scarlett about her, pictures her in her loft, where i was flabbergasted to be invited in and shown around one day while babysitting plants and paperthin walls with my guitar at doppel's. soon after that i was myself featured in my apartment in eye.

* * *
The RBC Financial Group honoured 12 Canadian Contemporary Women Artists on Monday Feb 16, 2004. Kate Hollett was one of the selected Banker's Dozen!

"i am currently booking times for studio viewings (very casual) of my latest work. Although day time is better for the light, I have some space for evening visits. For more info, call or email as below" www.katehollett.com
***
Dear Kim,

I wanted to thank you for your kind gift and open hearted sentiments with regard to my artistic endeavours. I appreciate your friendship even if I do not alway shows my thanks immediately. I hope that this year is filled with knowledge, insight and purpose, and in the end love.

May all your dreams come true.

With love,
Kate

* * *
in my paper clean up i have found an ad i cut out of the paper for and "i love you."



an exhibition of the artistic epression of the words
"I Love You" by Kathy Hollett
Opening Apr 8 from 2-5pm
Paintings on display, Apr 6 - 12, 2001
by appointment only
Women's Art Association
23 Prince Arthur Avenue
416-778-4600

No comments: