Thursday, April 27, 2006

Amer Diab

Amer Diab was right when he said not to worry about FINDING a harmony, that instead one "should just see where your voice lays." Before that, when I went out to check out his live show, he joked "here's something I've always wanted to say. THIS ONE is for the ladies..." which made me laugh and which made his girlfriend mad, since we were basically the crowd taking in the set.

I e-mailed him a few times while working on the review of his album for the Spill, and he was kind enough to give me a few music lessons. some of them were e-mail answers, once he came to my place with his guitar, and once i went to their place to sing in front of him...

What I learned was
1) rockstars are just guys who like soup
2) maybe one can just start hanging around with a guitarist
3) let it ring more
4) it's over when you say it's over
5) take as long as you want

No comments: