Thursday, April 12, 2007

The Ontarion, Oct/2006


Dear Editor,

Thank you for the recent article in the Ontarion that made the University Library sound like a wonderful resource. Although it didn't clarify who qualifies for access -- I have since learned that if I take an Open Learning On-Line course from Equine Guelph, I can get a card, and check out items and log in to the wireless internet.

I am also delighted to share the news that even non-students can VISIT the library and enjoy the resources, in the building, which is of great importance to me! One of the faculty members at U of GUELPH has won the Governor General's award TWICE, and been made an Officer of the Order of Canada, among other prestigious awards. Yet, would you believe that the entire Guelph Public Library system has not one single copy of any of her works????

They have acted on my "purchase suggestion" and will soon stock a collection of Monologues she has edited, but in the meantime, I want to do my homework! You will find me at the University Library, reading of works like: The Crackwalker 1980, White Biting Dog 1984, I Am Yours 1987, Lion in the Streets 1990, Sled 1997, Perfect Pie 2000, Habitat 2001, Lost and Delirious 2001, Capture Me 2004, Enoch Arden, by Alfred Lord Jabber and his catatonic songstress 2005...

Thanks again for the article. I'm learning before I've even enrolled!

No comments: